13/05/2015

Salisbury - 14th May

    Muthmir ran well enough today in the Duke of York but I was a bit miffed with the tactics - I expected him to be held up like he had been in his previous races but he blazed a trail for most of the race - although the results were not as disastrous as they had been for American Hope last Saturday. I think connections ran him with a view to Royal Ascot next month and I would expect him to be held onto longer in the Diamond Jubilee. I certainly haven't given up on him being a high class sprinter and I expect him to be a bet next month.

    No bets for me on Dante day at York although I was tempted by Ribbons in the Middleton Fillies Stakes. The combination of her carrying a penalty and it being her first outing of the season is enough to put me off however. My bet tomorrow is at Salisbury and it's on a filly called Justice Belle who runs in the 2.55. She was second in a handicap over just short of 12f at Windsor last month and although she steps back down in trip here I think conditions will be in her favour. She pulled quite hard early doors in that race but tomorrow's opposition contain a couple of front runners and I therefore expect her to settle better. The form of that race at Windsor has been franked as well - the winner having won off an eight pound higher mark since. This is my first tracker bet this season so I'm very keen for a good run - I did well with these types last season.

Bathwick Tyres Fillies Handicap:
Justice Belle £60w @ 5/2 (2nd)

(-450)

No comments:

Post a Comment