05/06/2015

Epsom - 5th June

    I have a rare day off today but as good as the Oaks looks this year I don't fancy anything strongly enough for a normal sized bet. Legatissimo is a very worthy favourite and probably should be slightly shorter than 3/1 but that price isn't the sort of one I want to take in a Classic. I think the Stoute horse is too short and there are others further down the market list with solid looking form. My bet today, a small one, is a bit of a hedge. I took 4/1 about Dolniya for the Coronation Cup three or so weeks ago because Cirrus Des Aigles headed the betting at that time and I just didn't see him running. That has happened and the race has cut up big time. I topped up on the French filly before final decs were made and am in a good position with her. The only danger is Flintshire and so I've put him in a double with Legatissimo.

    I've been mulling The Derby over the last few days and am still undecided as to a bet. I'm fine with that, it's not a compulsory exercise to wager in a race no matter how big. But that said with Giovanni Canaletto being stupidly short and stamina doubts about the favourite I feel that there is an angle in the race somewhere. My gut feeling is if the ground is ok Jack Hobbs would be the way to go - it will depend on the price tomorrow.

Oaks/Coronation Cup:
Legatissimo(2nd)Flintshire £15w dbl @ 3/1 and 7/4

(-550)

No comments:

Post a Comment