12/06/2015

Royal Ascot Thoughts

    Bit of a disappointing result this evening with Putting Green finishing a close third, flying at the death again. I think a combination of a stiffer 10f and a different jockey will soon see him in the winners enclosure.

    I think next week's Royal Ascot meeting looks possibly the best I can remember, undoubtedly aided by a strong overseas contingent. I've already mentioned a few of the bets I have and a couple have been added since.

    In the Hunt Cup I've gone to the well with American Hope again. I backed him last time out in the Victoria Cup over 7f but the tactics employed that day were terrible. Connections basically asked a hold-up horse to set a strong pace over a trip possibly short of his best - the results predictably disastrous. I would expect him to be held up on Wednesday and at 25/1 he's worth another chance. Another horse I backed the last time it run is Lucida when she was an unlucky second in the 1000 Guineas. I say unlucky because despite being drawn on the inside near the stands rail she actually ended up on the outside of the whole field, covering more ground than any other filly. The Ballydoyle hype machine ensures she isn't the favourite she should be in the Coronation Stakes on Friday and 7/4 Found 7/2 Lucida is the wrong way around simple as that.

    I've topped up my bet on Night of Thunder in the Queen Anne by taking advantage of Paddy Power's money back offer. Money back as a free bet if your selection is second or third, a very today concession.

Queen Anne Stakes:
Night of Thunder £20w @ 66/10 and £50w @ 6/1 mbs

King's Stand Stakes:
Muthmir £15w @ 8/1

Prince of Wales's Stakes:
The Grey Gatsby £15w @ 8/1

Royal Hunt Cup:
American Hope £15ew @ 25/1 NRNB

Commonwealth Cup:
Limato £15w @ 37/10

Coronation Stakes:
Lucida £40w @ 7/2





No comments:

Post a Comment