06/06/2015

Epsom - 6th June




                                                                     In the Groove - 1991

    Derby day on the Downs but I have no bet in the big race this year. I was pondering backing Jack Hobbs who I think will appreciate the trip more than Golden Horn but the ground looks against him and there must be a chance he won't run. The favourite does look solid but has stamina concerns and although 2/1 is quite short there isn't a whole lot of substance amongst the opposition and I just think it's a race to sit out this year.

    Dolniya is odds-on for the Coronation Cup and I'm sitting pretty in the race having taken 4/1 last month when Cirrus Des Aigles headed the market. I'm not one for taking Meydan form literally but the Aga Khan's filly looks like she's improved from three to four having run well in the Arc last October and I'm hopeful she'll have too much again for Flintshire. I topped up my initial bet just before final decs were made and have hedged again on her only realistic danger.


Coronation Cup:
Dolniya £50w @ 26/10 (2nd)

Coronation Cup/Commonwealth Cup:
Flintshire(lost)Limato £10w dbl @ 2/1 and 7/2

(-610)






    

No comments:

Post a Comment