27/06/2015

Newcastle & Doncaster - 27th June

    I've already posted my bet on the Northumberland Plate. Up until decs time on Thursday I was very keen on Oasis Fantasy but he has been drawn widest of all in stall 21 and so my usual topping up has been limited to a place bet. The odd horse has won this race from a poor berth but they have been front runners who have been hustled into a good early possie in the race. It's possible Ed Dunlop might have it in mind to try the same tactics (he was prominent at Goodwood a couple of starts back) but he was also badly drawn last time out in a big field event at Epsom where he was held up. Hughes was riding and did nothing wrong but he was bumped and checked as he passed horses up the straight, finishing a close third. I have taken 3/1 on the machine about him placing.

    My other bet today is Rio Ronaldo in the last at Doncaster. This horse was the first to enter my tracker this season when he won a Windsor handicap very cosily in April and although he was disappointing last time out at Leicester he was drawn 9/11 that day near the stands rail and was given a strange ride, being switched to race on the far side for no apparent reason and I feel he will be tough to beat in a weaker race this evening given a more sensible ride. I took some 11/4 late yesterday afternoon and he's been well backed since, he's currently 2/1 - a price I've topped up on.

Northumberland Plate:
Oasis Fantasy £35w/£20pl @ 11/1 and 3/1 (lost)

Clair Welch Handicap:
Rio Ronaldo £42w @ 235/100 (lost)

(1057.25)


No comments:

Post a Comment