22/06/2015

Ascot Aftermath - Ante-Post

    I don't think I can remember a more painful meeting than last week's Royal Ascot. I thought my bets were decent on the whole but nothing went my way. Before the start of it all I posted my final thoughts and of the six ante-post bets I placed only Night of Thunder ran poorly. Indeed two of my main bets, Lucida in the Coronation and The Grey Gatsby in the Prince of Wales's, were the best horses in their respective races but were undone by an unfortunate draw and a bit of an unfortunate ride respectively. I just have to draw a line under the whole affair and keep plugging on. I found a couple of animals for the tracker at least.

    One of those horses, Mount Logan, ran a storming race over a trip too short in the Wolferton and I've backed him at 16s for the John Smith's at York in a fortnight. Ideally this horse needs 12f but York's long straight and extended 10f will be fine and he has massive claims of reversing form with the winner of Saturday's race given how much ground he made up on him in the last half furlong. It can't be underestimated how much more the longer straight at the Knavesmire will suit him.

John Smith's Cup:
Mount Logan £15w @ 16/1

---
Champion Hurdle:
Peace and Co £10w @ 12/1

No comments:

Post a Comment