24/06/2015

Northumberland Plate

    Close but no cigar today with Saigon City who started at 5/1 (backed at 14s.) I've been beating the book on a regular basis this season and I feel things will turn around soon.

    Oasis Fantasy has been in my tracker since his excellent run in a Goodwood handicap over 14f in May. That was his first try over more than a mile and a half and he seemed to relish the step up in trip, staying on really well and only just failing to beat the winner (who had first run on him.) I held off backing him in his next race at Epsom on Derby day because he was back down to 12f again but he ran another excellent race. Poorly drawn he found oodles of trouble in running before gunning down the field in the last furlong, only just failing to get up. I do worry slightly that the two miles on Saturday will stretch his stamina too much but then again Goodwood's mile and three quarters is a tough get with it's uphill gradients. I'm happy to take some 10/1 now and will probably have a tickle each way on the day, hopefully for five places.

Northumberland Plate:
Oasis Fantasy £35w @ 10/1

No comments:

Post a Comment