08/10/2015

Newmarket - 9th Oct

    I don't have that many bets on 2yo races but when I do it's usually this time of year. The Fillies' Mile at headquarters tomorrow looks a decent renewal and it's one of those races where I looked at the odds and immediately thought things were a bit off. I've no issue with Minding being favourite for the race, she won her Group 1 well enough last time out and her stable companion franked the form in Paris but surely the Gosden creature who is second in the market is almost priced up on some sort of Golden Horn reflection type thing. Nathra has won two ordinary soft ground races very easily but this is a massive step up in class and she's at least half the odds she should be. Promising Run however has decent form not only on the ground but has won over course and distance. There was a lot to like about the way she stayed on in winning the Rockfel a couple of weeks back from a couple of nice types and I'm happy to take 6/1. Part of my bet is with Powers who offer a free bet to your stake if she's second to the fav.

Fillies' Mile:
Promising Run £25w @ 6/1 mbs and £15w @ 62/10 (lost)

(-301.82)

1 comment: