09/10/2015

Newmarket and Chepstow - 10th Oct

   A rather disappointing run from the Godolphin filly I backed today together with the impressive way the Ballydoyle youngster won the Fillies' Mile has meant the market for the Dewhurst tomorrow has been shaken up big time. Emotionless is now available at 6/4 in a place having been around evens earlier in the week, admittedly when the ground was more of an unknown. I was impressed enough with his win at Doncaster to snap up some 12/1 quotes for the 2000 Guineas straight after the race and the form has been franked since (kind of) by Galileo Gold's effort in the Lagardere last Sunday. I'm very excited by this horse, he's the best 2yo I've seen since Frankel and don't see him losing tomorrow. Now 6/4 shots are not my betting bag so I'm not going in with a lumpy single - instead I'm doubling him with Tea for Two in the big handicap hurdle at Chepstow. As a Nick Williams follower I was naturally on when he easily landed the Lanzarote back in January and it is fascinating to see how he's been handicapped since that run. He was off 134 that day, went up to 153, was took down to 148 after his second in a novice hurdle the following month (four runner race completely against him) and after being pulled up in an attritional Albert Bartlett at the Festival has been further reduced to a handicap mark of 142 - in short a winning looking rating.

Dewhurst/Silver Trophy:
Emotionless/Tea for Two £20w dbl @ 6/4 and 6/1 (lost)

(-321.82)

No comments:

Post a Comment