28/10/2015

Weekend Action

    I keep prematurely writing off my flat season and then discovering a bet. I don't usually pay a whole lot of attention to the Breeders Cup but found myself looking at the fillies and mares turf simply because Legatissimo is such a chronic price. She's been on the go since April and I just don't trust 3yos this time of year from Ballydoyle who've had a long year. So her price makes the race a good each one and whilst I initially thought of Miss France the ground looks like it will be against her. Bawina is a filly I backed in the Sun Chariot where she received a poor ride from Maxime Guyon who managed to find lots of trouble in running. Happily Peslier takes over now and with good soft ground form over 10f trip and ground will be fine. She's slightly below the top level in Europe having found Amazing Maria, Ervedya and Esoterique too good for her this season but if we presume Legatissimo bombs out on Saturday then the race won't take as much winning as a Group 1 over here. 16/1 is good value.

    My first bet of the jumps season will be on Dynaste in the Charlie Hall at Wetherby. He's just about the best horse in the field when he's on a going day and his hurdles run in France should put him spot on for this. I'll go into greater detail about this race on Saturday.

Breeders Cup F&M Turf: Bawina £20ew @ 16/1

Charlie Hall: Dynaste £15w @ 5/1

No comments:

Post a Comment