18/10/2015

Woodbine - 18th Oct

    I genuinely thought I was done with the flat for the year, my tracker has been wiped and the Breeder's Cup doesn't really interest me but perusing Oddschecker this morning I came across the prices for the Canadian International this evening our time in Canada. British stables tend to farm this event and it's not a surprise that our horses head the market and whilst I expect Cannock Chase and Second Step to fight it out, their prices are all wrong. Stoute's horse is 7/4 and Cumani's 3/1. I don't think there is much between them ability wise but would argue the latter has the slightly better form profile overall and has even won abroad. I can only think their price differential is partly because Cannock Chase won last time out (a pretty ropey listed event) as opposed to Second Step's fourth place in the Irish Leger (I backed him that day and was disappointed but ultimately he just didn't stay.) The other factor could be Ryan Moore going over to ride - but so what, we saw on Found yesterday how average he can be at times and I never factor jockeys into my bets anyway - the flat bunch are all much of a muchness since Steve Cauthen retired. One slight concern is how flat Agent Murphy ran yesterday after taking in that Curragh race but then again I kind of have a lot of faith in Cumani and the knowledge he has of his charges - he surely wouldn't take a horse all that way unless he was 100% happy with him.

Canadian International:
Second Step £40w @ 3/1 (lost)

No comments:

Post a Comment