08/05/2012

Chester - 9th May

I was really looking forward to the Chester Cup tomorrow in anticipation on having a nice punt on Overturn at around 11/2. He carries top weight but Chester is the sort of course that favours those at the head of the handicap as it's such a tight, turning track. However the course was hit by 21mm of rain on Monday evening and I think his participation is now in doubt. That's a shame but my bet is in place and if he's pulled out my stake will be returned. He's an enthusiastic front runner who is bound to trade much shorter in running than his SP and so I have IR lays in place.
I think there are one or two at the top of the market who look a bit dodgy and with this race having very good each terms and being very much a contest where a high draw is a huge disadvantage I've backed Tominator as well. This horse hasn't really had the stamina test he clearly relishes since winning the Northumberland Plate last year on good to soft and so with underfoot conditions the way they are and the likely fast pace it looks a race that will really suit him. At around 10s he's a decent each way bet.

Chester Cup:
Overturn £120w @ 6/1 and £20ew @ 11/2
IR lays placed @ 5/2 for £40 and 3/1 for £20 (2nd)

Tominator £25ew @ 10/1 (lost)


(-392)

No comments:

Post a Comment