16/05/2012

York - 17th May

The Dante Stakes tomorrow on the Knavesmire is the best looking classic trial we've had this year and I think 2000 Guineas also ran Fencing is overpriced for the race at 6/1. He ran well at Newmarket but it was his first race of the season and his pedigree suggests his run there was more of a sighter for targets over further than any real expectation of winning the race. He's bred to be at his over the Dante trip of 10f being by Street Cry out of a mare that won the Prix de Diane and he is trained by John Gosden who has had an excellent start to the season. Bonfire heads the market and is respected but I feel his eye catching  run behind French Fifteen in France last Autumn has been overrated - as runs by horses who get find trouble in running and then fly at the finish so often are. 9/4 is too short and the Godolphin horse who is second fav is readily opposed just on trainer grounds. The boys in blue are having a wretched time and Mandaean is as likely to finish tailed off and never heard of again than actually take a hand in the finish. It's happened before.

I'm having a wretched time myself on the punting front at the moment but I never give in and always stay disciplined. I've dropped my stakes a tad but I'll keep betting and my fortunes will turnaround.

Dante Stakes:
Fencing £50w @ 6/1 (lost)


(-552)

No comments:

Post a Comment