21/05/2012

Classic Thoughts

Parish Hall preps for the Derby at the Curragh on Saturday in the Irish 2000 Guineas and is priced at longer odds than I expected. He'll be at his best over further than a mile this year but the Curragh is a stiff track and at 6/1 he's a sporting each way bet. I can't see him out of the first three but he might be tapped for toe by one or two of his more speedier bred rivals.

Of his rivals I fear Trumpet Major the most. He ran well in the Guineas but I felt he may have been up a pace setter in a race where they went a tad fast. Hermival was given a very nice toe on the far side by my selection Abtaal at Newmarket and I think he was flattered by his placing. Takar is your usual under priced John Oxx creature taking a big step up in class and Power was pretty much last in the 2000 Guineas but is being priced up as if that never happened. In short the last three named are poor odds and they give me an angle on the race as I do believe Parish Hall should pretty much be favourite.

My bets for Epsom have not changed since my last entry.

Irish 2000 Guineas:
Parish Hall £28ew @ 6/1

Oaks:
Vow £20ew @ 10/1

Derby:
Parish Hall £10w @ 215/10
Camelot £30w @ 5/2


No comments:

Post a Comment