05/05/2012

Newmarket - 6th May

Ouch. Close but no cigar today as French Fifteen finishes a close runner-up to Camelot. I'm on a run of seconds at the moment but I keep beating the SP comfortably and if that continues it will eventually start paying dividends. I was very happy with the three I picked for the race and could only see the favourite being the danger. I wasn't covering but did get 5/2 matched on Betfair for the Derby a few minutes before the first classic was run. Some small comfort.

Onto the fillies classic where if anything my position is slightly stronger. I've already posted my thoughts on the race and whilst the vibes about my initial fancy Discourse are all bad (hasn't worked well, doubts about the ground, Dettori going with Lyric of Light) the double I have going on Maybe looks sweet. I have topped up slightly on the Godolphin filly at 14/1 on Betfair because that is just too big a price. Second strings do win big races and the ground is drying out all the time. I'm hopeful rather than confident of a big run from her. The favourite is very solid and I'll be most disappointed if I don't get a return from this race.

Discourse £60w @ 10/1 (lost)
Maybe £35w @ 9/4 and £15dbl with Cirrus Des Aigles (Sheema Classic) @ 7/2 and 11/4 (lost)


(-290)

No comments:

Post a Comment