25/05/2012

Irish 2000 Guineas

Nothing new to add to my post earlier in the week re Parish Hall and his claims at the Curragh tomorrow in the Irish 2000 Guineas. My main hope for the horse is he turns into a really live Derby contender but I think he can win this en route.

Parish Hall £28ew @ 6/1 (NR)


EDIT 26th May 2.30PM.
I've just returned home from work only to find that unfortunately Jim Bolger has announced that Parish Hall has a leg infection and misses both today's race and the Derby next week. Very disappointing news.
I posted earlier in the week that I respected Trumpet Major and I did feel he was the main danger to Parish Hall. He ran a decent enough race in the 2000 Guineas on ground that was probably softer than he likes. His time when winning the Craven stakes was actually five seconds faster than that recorded by Camelot at Newmarket. This suggests the ground was quicker in the Trial than it was in the Classic and I think the fast ground he'll encounter today will really suit him. Hannon's horse is a pace setter and he is a decent back to lay proposition in a race where the favourite, Power, has to be taken on given his dire run in the 2000.

Trumpet Major £60w @ 9/2
IR Lay placed @ 3/1 for £20 (lost)


(-658)

No comments:

Post a Comment