12/05/2012

Epsom Thoughts

 Last Saturday I was quietly confident of a result in the first Classic of the season but did fear Camelot in a big way. I chose the path of having  a small bet on him for the Derby rather than covering my stake in the   Guineas and time will tell if this will pay off. I still like Parish Hall for the race but am worried about him being in neither the Derrinstown or the Dante next week. I wonder if Mr Bolger is prepared to take the horse to Epsom without any sort of prep?






Onto the Oaks. I was really impressed with Vow today in the trial on the Polytrack at Lingfield. She ran green entering the straight and wandered off a true line as well which is a worry for Epsom but she showed a smart turn of foot and although I missed out on the 14/1 she was available at immediately after the race I decided 10/1 was worth a little tickle. She'd have learnt heaps from her run today and hopefully running on the turf at Epsom will help her keep balanced. Today would have been her first experience of running at speed on anything other than grass and it may have contributed to her waywardness. I fear 1000 Guineas third Maybe in this race and for that reason, as well as the possibility my selection may take time to get going in the straight at Epsom if there's a hint of today's shenanigans, she is an each way punt.

Oaks:
Vow £20ew @ 10/1

Derby:
Parish Hall £10w @ 215/10
Camelot £30w @ 5/2



No comments:

Post a Comment